A breakdown of Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo, pros and cons, and what I loved the most about it.
Back in the day, Creme of Nature manufactured the relaxer brand I used. I know y’all remember that brand if you’ve ever been relaxed :).
When I became natural, I forgot about their line because I figured they were targeted towards relaxed hair but as time wore on, they, like many other companies, adjusted to the market.
Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo Review
The Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo is sulfate-free and has an exotic and refreshing smell.
The shampoo is formulated to cleanse hair without stripping natural oils, detangle and soften hair, and enhance shine.
The main draw here, of course, is the argan oil. Argan oil originates from the nuts of the argan tree found in Morocco.
Argan oil helps treat hair breakage and prevent split ends by strengthening hair. It also promotes elasticity and softens hair.
However, does Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo contain enough of this ingredient to make a difference?
A quick look at the ingredient list (full list below) shows argan oil as the sixth ingredient. This isn’t so far down the list as to be negligible.
How to Use Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo
I used Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo after taking down braids. My hair had been in hiding for about 10 weeks.
There was an accumulation of dust and dirt and a good deep conditioning session was required but I required a shampoo to clarify first.
I diluted this shampoo a bit and applied it to my hair in sections. It lathered up nicely and cleansed enough after 1 application although the bottle recommends applying twice.
I also used my scalp massage brush while shampooing. Read Best Scalp Massage Brush for Healthy Natural Hair Growth.
I was able to detangle my hair lightly with this shampoo in my hair. I followed up with the accompanying Creme of Nature with Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment.
However, I didn’t feel like the conditioner did enough so I mixed it with one of my Tresemme conditioners to achieve the effect I was satisfied with before steaming with heat for 30 minutes.
I loved how my hair came out in the end. It was soft, detangled, and easier to roller set.
What I Loved About Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo
- This shampoo cleanses the hair and scalp really well without leaving behind that stiff overly dry feeling naturals have to avoid.
- One application was enough and that was with diluting it a little bit on my part.
- It does detangle and soften the hair. Usually, when you apply shampoo, your hair shrivels up as if running away. This did not happen with Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo. My hair remained elastic while I worked my fingers through it.
- I loved the fruity exotic smell but I understand this isn’t for everyone.
- It’s 12 oz and you need only a bit at a time so the bottle will last for a while.
Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo Ingredients
Aqua (Water) (Eau), Trideceth-7, Carboxylic Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium-10, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5).
I have highlighted some not-so-good ingredients on the list in red. I would recommend using this shampoo only if you intend to clarify your hair.
If you want a regular use shampoo and want to remain strictly natural, this shampoo may lead to dry hair.
Read 22 Clarifying Shampoos That Work Without Damaging Hair for better recommendations in this regard.
Overall, I give Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo 7.5/10 for clarifying without stripping hair.
Buy Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo
Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo is readily available in large supermarkets or online HERE.
Other Hair Products in the Argan Oil Range
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment Conditioner
- Creme of Nature Heat Defense Smooth & Shine Polisher
- Creme of Nature Replenishing Sheen Spray
- Creme of Nature Perfect Edges
- Creme of Nature Perfect Leave-in Treatment
- Creme of Nature Smooth & Shine Blowout Creme
Have you ever tried Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo? What was your experience like? Share in the comments section.