With the slogan, “The choice is yours” The Mane Choice products have become a staple in the natural hair community.
The Mane Choice was developed on the “foundation of research and the “beauty, health, science” approach.”
The company has now grown to include hair care, body care, accessories, and more.
In this in-depth post, I reveal the best Mane Choice products for natural hair as well as the top curly girl friendly Mane Choice products.
About The Mane Choice
The Mane Choice was founded by Courtney Adeleye, an RN with assistance from her physician hubby.
She started the business in her kitchen in 2013 before expanding it into the giant we know today.
Currently, The Mane Choice product line includes over 30 products for men, women, and kids.
The Mane Choice products are mostly natural using top-of-the-line ingredients and botanics.
Some of the collections for hair and body brought to the market by The Mane Choice include:-
- The Core Collection
- Tropical Moringa Collection
- Ancient Egyptian Collection
- Prickly Pear Paradise Collection
- Pink Lemonade Collection
- Peach Black Tea Collection
- Heavenly Halo Collection
- Do It Fro The Culture Collection
- A-MAZ-ZON Collection
- Cheers Collection
- Exotic Cool Aid Collection
There’s also a dedicated The Mane Choice collection for the kids HERE.
With so many collections, it can get pretty confusing which Mane Choice products are best for you to start with so I have broken down the top 15 in this article.
I have also included the top curly girl friendly products from The Mane Choice lines so you can start with products on that list.
Is The Mane Choice Black-Owned?
While The Mane Choice is still managed by the founder, it is no longer a black-owned business and was acquired by MAV Beauty Brands in 2019.
Do continue to support The Mane Choice though as the founder is still a key part of the product development and operation of the business.
Additionally, Courtney Adeleye, runs The General Advantage Fund to empower women entrepreneurs.
The fund provides financial literacy, capital, mentorship programs, and more for black entrepreneurs.
The Mane Choice Curly Girl Favorites
The Mane Choice Green Tea & Carrot Deep Strengthening & Restore Mask fights shedding and breakage while simultaneously strengthening hair.
It’s formulated with biotin, green tea, and carrot oil to penetrate the hair shaft and infuse hair with much-needed vitamins and nutrients.
The mask is perfect for natural, relaxed, permed, and color-treated hair. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
Manetabolism Plus Healthy Hair Growth Vitamins is a daily supplement formulated to promote healthier and thicker hair.
It also boosts healthy nail growth and glowing skin. Manetabolism is enriched with 13 vitamins and directly targets hair follicles, nail beds, and skin layers.
The Mane Choice Easy On The Curls Detangling Hydration Conditioner is supposed to cut a wash and detangling session routine in half with ingredients formulated to instantly melt tangles.
Definitely sign a curly girl up for that treat! The conditioner is infused with biotin and vitamin E for a nourishing and strengthening experience.
Additionally, it’s gentle enough to be used every day but don’t wash your hair every day though. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
The Mane Choice Crystal Orchid Biotin Infused Styling Gel defines curls and smooths down edges without flakiness.
The biotin-infused gel is alcohol-free to prevent dryness and infused with biotin to prevent breakage and strengthen hair.
It also includes avocado oil, amino acids, and vitamin E for softness. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
The Mane Choice Detangling & Hydration Shampoo gently cleanses without stripping hair while helping to detangle without losing hair.
The shampoo is formulated with unique detangling ingredients like silk amino acids and cuts down the time you have to spend on detangling hair.
The hydration shampoo leaves hair feeling clean, soft, and shiny. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
The shampoo also comes with a companion Easy On The Curls Detangling & Hydration Conditioner.
The Mane Choice Anti-Breakage & Repair Antidote Split-End Treatment is formulated for use on the ends of dry or wet hair.
The split end treatment was created to prevent split ends and strengthen hair tips. It also prevents cuticle damage and restores hair health.
It contains some powerful strengthening and moisturizing oils like mongongo oil, babassu oil, baobab oil, and watermelon seed oil.
Other popular products in the Ancient Egyptian line include Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Antidote Shampoo and Conditioner.
The Mane Choice Doesn’t Get Much Butter Than This Daily Hair Dressing is a hairdressing pomade that can be used every day.
The hair dressing is formulated with shea butter, mango butter, avocado butter, and broccoli butter for shine, luster, strength, and softness. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
The name of this product is quite a mouthful!
The Mane Choice Luscious Lychee & Dragon Fruit Definition of GEL-LO is a hydration gel that provides definition and moisture without drying out the hair or causing flakes.
The gel is perfect for wash and gos, twist-outs, and braid-outs. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
9. The Mane Choice Prickly Pear Paradise Deep Penetrating Superfood Infused Leave-In Conditioning Cream
Prickly Pear Paradise Deep Penetrating Superfood Infused Leave-In Conditioning Cream is a deep penetrating formula that leaves hair hydrated and nourished.
Formulated with silk amino acids for a superior moisturizing, strengthening, and renewing experience.
The formula also promises loads of shine and silkiness. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
The Multi-Vitamin Scalp Nourishing Hair Growth Oil is one of The Mane Choice’s most popular products.
It’s a lightweight and non-greasy oil that nourishes the scalp and encourages hair growth.
Some of the great ingredients include biotin, castor oil, aloe vera juice, nettle, sweet almond oil, and sunflower oil. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
Soft As Can Be Revitalize & Refresh 3-in-1 Co-Wash is a unique formulation that acts as an all-in-one – co-wash, leave-in conditioner, and detangler!
Cleanse and moisturize as you detangle with this multipurpose product enriched with biotin, tea tree, silk amino acids, and more.
It revitalizes dry hair, improves elasticity, and eliminates breakage. This one should definitely be in your hair care arsenal. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
Heavenly Halo Herbal Hair Tonic & Soy Milk Deep Hydration is enriched with umutanga oil, palmarosa oil, yashtimadhu root, yucca root, burdock root oil, and soy for that extra bit of hydration and deep conditioning.
Biotin and vitamin D weighs in for stronger and thicker hair. The mask is ideal for very dry hair, flaky scalp, and dull-looking curls.
Heavenly Halo Herbal Hair Tonic & Soy Milk Deep Hydration Shampoo is formulated to penetrate dry hair and restore moisture and manageability.
Reviews say this shampoo leaves hair softer, shinier and helps eliminate tangles. It also cleanses without stripping the hair of natural oils. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
Tropical Moringa Moisture Mask repairs dry hair and restores elasticity, which reduces breakage and split ends.
Moringa oil is known as a “healing oil” and it deeply penetrates the hair shaft to deposit amazing nourishment. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
For more on moringa oil and moringa powder, read:-
- Soften, Detangle & Condition Dry Hair with this Moringa Oil Mask
- Improve the Appearance of and Prevent Split Ends with Moringa Oil
- Moringa Leaf Powder Benefits & Uses for Health
Tropical Moringa Braid-Out Glaze is packed with vitamins and essential nutrients to enhance strength, shine, manageability, and definition.
Expect awesome braid-outs and twist-outs with this hair glaze. It’s suitable for all hair types and especially good for dry and damaged hair. CHECK REVIEWS HERE.
Where Can I Buy The Mane Choice Products?
You can find The Mane Choice products over on the company’s Amazon shop HERE.
Readers Also Asked…
Is The Mane Choice Curly Girl Friendly?
There are quite a few curly girl friendly The Mane Choice products. Some of them are also featured above.
Curly Girl Friendly Shampoos
- The Mane Choice Exotic Cool-Laid Minty Guava & Kiwi Shampoo
- The Mane Choice Peach Black Tea Anti-Shedding & Intense Volume Therapy Shampoo
- The Mane Choice Proceed With Caution Killer Curls & Brutal Bounce Slippery When Wet Shampoo
- The Mane Choice Pink Lemonade & Coconut Super Antioxidant & Texture Beautifier Shampoo
- The Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Sweet Oil & Honey Endless Moisture Shampoo
Curly Girl Friendly Conditioners
- The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Antidote Conditioner
- The Mane Choice Easy On The Curls Detangling Hydration Conditioner
- The Mane Choice Proceed With Caution Killer Curls & Brutal Bounce 4 Way Conditioner
- The Mane Choice Pink Lemonade and Coconut Super Antioxidant and Texture Beautifier Conditioner
- The Mane Choice Peach Black Tea Anti-Shedding & Intense Volume Therapy Conditioner
Curly Girl Friendly Deep Conditioners
- The Mane Choice Green Tea & Carrot Deep Strengthening & Restorative Mask
- The Mane Choice Heavenly Halo Herbal Hair Tonic & Soy Milk Deep Hydration Mask
- The Mane Choice Proceed With Caution Killer Curls & Brutal Bounce Stop the Damage Mask
- The Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Sweet Oil & Honey Endless Moisture Sealing Cream
- The Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Sweet Oil & Honey Endless Moisture Mask
- The Mane Choice Peach Black Tea Anti-Shedding & Intense Volume Therapy Mask
Curly Girl Friendly Leave-in Conditioners
- The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage and Repair Antidote Cuticle Control Leave-in Lotion
- The Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Sweet Oil & Honey Endless Moisture Rinse Out or Leave-In Conditioner
- The Mane Choice Prickly Pear Paradise Leave-In Conditioning Cream
Curly Girl Friendly Stylers
- The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian 24 Karat Gold Twisting Gel
- The Mane Choice Crystal Orchid Biotin Infused Styling Gel
- The Mane Choice Doesn’t Get Much Butter Than This Daily Hair Dressing
- The Mane Choice Heavenly Halo Herbal Hair Tonic & Soy Milk Deep Hydration Softening Milk
- The Mane Choice Proceed With Caution Killer Curls & Brutal Bounce Luster & Shine Illuminator
- The Mane Choice Pink Lemonade & Coconut Super Antioxidant & Texture Beautifier Mousse
- The Mane Choice Prickly Pear Paradise Minty Scalp Purifying Spray
- The Mane Choice Laid Back Effortlessly Growth Stimulating Edge Control
- The Mane Choice Peach Black Tea Anti-Shedding & Intense Volume Therapy Mousse
- The Mane Choice Pink Lemonade & Coconut Curl Boosting Sherbet
- The Mane Choice Sweet Strawberry Fruit Medley Kids Moisturize
- The Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Daily Restorative Spray
- The Mane Choice Heavenly Halo Herbal Hair Tonic & Soy Milk Deep Hydration Pre-Poo
- The Mane Choice Multi-Vitamin Scalp Nourishing Growth Oil
Is The Mane Choice All Natural?
The Mane Choice endeavors to use natural ingredients and botanicals in its products.
However, always keep an eye out for formula changes if it has been a while since you purchased the product.
Does The Mane Choice Have Protein?
The hair masks that are formulated for strengthening hair, preventing breakage, and split ends contains protein.
If you’re looking to avoid protein, the Heavenly Halo Collection is mostly protein-free but remember moisture/protein balance is important.
How Good is The Mane Choice Hair Products?
A lot of The Mane Choice products are very good for natural hair especially The Core Collection, which was the original product line from the company.
Is The Mane Choice Good for Low Porosity Hair?
For the best Mane Choice products for low porosity hair, look out for the products that contain glycerine.
Glycerine is one of the ingredients that helps moisturize low porosity hair without causing issues.
Is The Mane Choice Good for High Porosity Hair?
The Core Collection has some excellent ingredients for high porosity hair and definitely recommend this line.
You can mix with the Heavenly Halo Collection for a good blend of protein and moisture.
If you have any questions about specific Mane Choice products, drop them in the comments section.
Abi is a curly hair expert, researcher, product tester, and author of the highly-rated Healthy Hair Care Series. She is also the founder of Ade Ori Hair Care, Healthy Natural Hair Products, and Natural Oils for Hair & Beauty. HNHP has strict editorial standards and ensures all the information on Healthy Natural Hair Products is the best for natural hair care. Learn more about our Editorial Policies
This post may contain affiliate links which means we will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.