I started my favorite natural hair products feature in 2018 and sort of dropped the ball in 2019 but getting back to it in 2020.
It’s the annual round-up of my favorite natural hair products, the ones I’ve used and love, and the ones on my to-try list for 2021.
Due to quarantine, I didn’t do much to my hair this year beyond washing, deep conditioning, and braiding every 2 weeks.
The low manipulation regimen has led to lots more growth than anticipated and I’m itching for a trim though my hair is healthy.
I like long hair. I just don’t want to have to do it so whenever my hair starts inching past APL, I take trimming shears to it. lol.
So, have you downloaded all the awesome resources available for free to Healthy Natural Hair Products subscribers?
You can also grab 35% off the Healthy Hair Care Series end of year sale plus entry into the giveaway to win 1 of 3 $25 Etsy gift cards!
My Top Natural Hair Products in 2020
Favorite Natural Hair Shampoos
I used shampoo a little more frequently this year. Every 2 weeks to be precise so I experimented a bit with shampoos this year.
My shampoos are always diluted with distilled water or rose water.
- Alaffia African Black Soap Shampoo
- Anita Grant Aloe Vera Conditioning Shampoo
- As I Am Curl Clarity Shampoo
- Desert Essence Liquid Castile Soap
- EDEN BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Moisturizing Shampoo
- Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
- Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo
- Giovanni Smooth as Silk Moisture Shampoo
- Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo
- Mielle Babassu Conditioning Shampoo
- tgin Moisture Rich Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo with Peppermint and Eucalyptus
Favorite Natural Hair Conditioners and Deep Conditioners
I went to town with this in 2020 and tried quite a few deep conditioners. None of them disappointed, fortunately.
- As I Am Long and Luxe GroYogurt
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Conditioner
- Bioterra Long & Healthy Deep Moisture Conditioner
- Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi Deep Conditioner
- Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Ultra-Nourishing Mask
- Mielle Babassu & Mint Deep Conditioner
- Silk Elements Olive Moisturizing Treatment
- ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask
- Giovanni Invigorating Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Conditioner
- Giovanni Smooth as Silk Moisture Conditioner
- Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
- Ouidad 12 Minute Deep Treatment
- tgin Honey Miracle Hair Mask
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
- Matrix BIOLAGE Ultra Hydrasource Conditioning Balm
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner with Peppermint and Eucalyptus
Favorite Natural Hair Leave-in Conditioners
- Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In
- Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk
- Design Essentials Almond & Avocado Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Leave-in Conditioner
- Giovanni Direct Leave-In Treatment Conditioner
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
- Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner
- Infusium 23 Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Hair Treatment
Favorite Natural Hair Stylers
I finished off my braids every two weeks with Arewa Hair Styling Oil, which I credit for such great length retention.
It really locks in moisture for days and you only need a little bit at a time. Other hair stylers I loved this year include:-
- As I Am Hair Twisting Defining Gel
- Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
- My shea butter and chebe powder twisting cream
Since we spent most of 2020 in lockdown and I worked from home, there wasn’t much of a point to styling too much.
Favorite Natural Hair Styling Tools
- 2 in 1 Tabletop Hair Steamer
- Scalp Massage Brush
- Bone Comb
- Bonnet Hood Hair Dryer Attachment Hair Flair Deluxe Soft hood
- Bobby pins
- Goody Ouchless Bands
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler
- Aloe Vera Pre-poo
- Rice Water
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
- Spray bottles
- Disposable caps
- Microfiber towel
- Butterfly Clamps
- Tangle Wrangler
- Silk or Satin Pillowcase
- Silk Scarf
- Henna and Indigo
- Amla powder
- Cassia powder
- Shikakai Powder
- Fenugreek powder
- Calendula flowers
- Hibiscus flowers
- Grapeseed oil
- Castor oil
- Argan oil
Did you see any of your top natural hair products on the list? Do you have other suggestions? Share in the comments section. 🙂
Abi is a curly hair expert, researcher, product tester, and author of the highly-rated Healthy Hair Care Series. She is also the founder of Ade Ori Hair Care, Healthy Natural Hair Products, and Natural Oils for Hair & Beauty. HNHP has strict editorial standards and ensures all the information on Healthy Natural Hair Products is the best for natural hair care. Learn more about our Editorial Policies
This post may contain affiliate links which means we will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.