I started my favorite natural hair products feature in 2018 and sort of dropped the ball in 2019 but getting back to it in 2020.
It’s the annual round-up of my favorite natural hair products, the ones I’ve used and love, and the ones on my to try list for 2021.
Due to quarantine, I didn’t do much to my hair this year beyond washing, deep conditioning, and braiding every 2 weeks.
The low manipulation regimen has led to lots more growth than anticipated and I’m itching for a trim though my hair is healthy.
I like long hair. I just don’t want to have to do it so whenever my hair starts inching past APL, I take trimming shears to it. lol.
So, have you downloaded all the awesome resources available for free to Healthy Natural Hair Products subscribers?
You can also grab 35% off the Healthy Hair Care Series end of year sale plus entry into the giveaway to win 1 of 3 $25 Etsy gift cards!
My Top Natural Hair Products in 2020
Favorite Natural Hair Shampoos
I used shampoo a little more frequently this year. Every 2 weeks to be precise so I experimented a bit with shampoos this year.
My shampoos are always diluted with distilled water or rose water.
- Alaffia African Black Soap Shampoo
- Anita Grant Aloe Vera Conditioning Shampoo
- As I Am Curl Clarity Shampoo
- Desert Essence Liquid Castile Soap
- EDEN BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Moisturizing Shampoo
- Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
- Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo
- Giovanni Smooth as Silk Moisture Shampoo
- Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo
- Mielle Babassu Conditioning Shampoo
- tgin Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo with Peppermint and Eucalyptus
Favorite Natural Hair Conditioners and Deep Conditioners
I went to town with this in 2020 and tried quite a few deep conditioners. None of them disappointed, fortunately.
- As I Am Long and Luxe GroYogurt
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Conditioner
- Bioterra Long & Healthy Deep Moisture Conditioner
- Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi Deep Conditioner
- Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Ultra-Nourishing Mask
- True by Made Beautiful Damage Control Repairing Deep Treatment Masque
- Mielle Babassu & Mint Deep Conditioner
- Silk Elements Olive Moisturizing Treatment
- ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask
- Giovanni Invigorating Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Conditioner
- Giovanni Smooth as Silk Moisture Conditioner
- Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
- Ouidad 12 Minute Deep Treatment
- tgin Honey Miracle Hair Mask
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
- Matrix BIOLAGE Ultra Hydrasource Conditioning Balm
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner with Peppermint and Eucalyptus
Favorite Natural Hair Leave-in Conditioners
- Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In
- Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk
- Camille Rose Naturals White Peony Leave-in Conditioners
- Design Essentials Almond & Avocado Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Leave-in Conditioner
- Giovanni Direct Leave-In Treatment Conditioner
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
- Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner
- Infusium 23 Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Hair Treatment
Favorite Natural Hair Stylers
I finished off my braids every two weeks with Arewa Hair Styling Oil, which I credit for such great length retention.
It really locks in moisture for days and you only need a little bit at a time. Other hair stylers I loved this year include:-
- As I Am Hair Twisting Defining Gel
- Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
- My shea butter and chebe powder twisting cream
Since we spent most of 2020 in lockdown and I worked from home, there wasn’t much of a point to styling too much.
Favorite Natural Hair Styling Tools
- 2 in 1 Tabletop Hair Steamer
- Scalp massage brush
- Bone Comb
- Bonnet Hood Hair Dryer Attachment Hair Flair Deluxe Soft hood
- Bobby pins
- Goody Ouchless Bands
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler
Other Favorite Natural Hair Products
- Aloe Vera Pre-poo
- Rice Water
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
- Spray bottles
- Disposable caps
- Microfiber towel
- Butterfly Clamps
- Tangle Wrangler
- Silk or Satin Pillowcase
- Silk Scarf
- Henna and Indigo
- Amla powder
- Cassia powder
- Shikakai Powder
- Fenugreek powder
- Calendula flowers
- Hibiscus flowers
- Grapeseed oil
- Castor oil
- Argan oil
Did you see any of your top natural hair products on the list? Do you have other suggestions? Share in the comments section. 🙂