Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo provides an invigorating and moisturizing experience for all hair types and is quite beneficial for black hair.
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo is aka tea tree triple treat shampoo and is specially formulated to thoroughly clean hair and scalp and stimulate scalp circulation.
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo includes some awesome invigorating ingredients for hair care and I’ve highlighted the best of them in this article as well.
Giovanni is one of my absolute favorite hair care brands and I’ve reviewed a few of their products on Healthy Natural Hair Products previously:-
In this article, I’ll be sharing what I love about Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo, Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo ingredients, and where to buy it.
Is Giovanni Shampoo Good for Your Hair?
Giovanni Cosmetics brings the highest quality formulations into the haircare market backed by their Eco-Chic Technology.
All the Giovanni shampoos I’ve tried were phenomenal and a great treat for my hair and scalp.
Giovanni shampoos revive dry and damaged hair and infuse hair with much-needed moisture.
Even though they lather up quite nicely, they do not strip hair of oils and keeps your hair’s pH properly balanced.
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo Review
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo is clear and slightly runny. It has a minty and invigorating scent.
The product packaging is minimal with a flip cap that is easy to handle while shampooing your hair.
I used Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo as a cleansing shampoo after taking down twists.
I had been wearing the twists for 2 weeks when I took them down.
In between those two weeks, I oiled my scalp every few days and moisturized the twists every 5 days so there was a little build-up.
After taking down the twists, I applied an aloe vera juice and coconut oil pre-poo, covered it with a shower cap, and kept it in for 1 hour.
Afterward, I wet my hair and applied 2 squirts of Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo then massaged my scalp with a scalp massage brush.
I usually shampoo once but decided to go for it twice this session to see if the non-stripping qualities of the shampoo would remain.
It did and my hair was squeaky clean after shampooing twice but didn’t feel stripped at all and was soft to the touch.
What I Loved About Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo
- Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo is vegan, gentle, and sulfate-free. You can use it multiple times and it will not strip your hair or make it dull.
- Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo contains all-natural ingredients that natural hair loves and that helps natural hair thrive.
- The shampoo awakens the scalp and hair follicles and eliminates dry, flaky scalp with a unique blend of cooling botanical oils.
- Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo is suitable for all hair types and doesn’t cause tangling in curlier hair types.
- Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo promotes softness and enhances shine, especially when used with the complimentary Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner.
- Got an itchy scalp? Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo will get that sorted nicely especially if you use a scalp massage brush.
- Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo is free of natural hair enemies like SLS, SLES, parabens, and dyes.
- Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo is cost-effective and you only need a little at a time so expect it to last for some time.
- All Giovanni products have a little indicator on the back that tells you the product’s primary purpose. In the case of this shampoo, it indicates that it’s more for clarifying than shampooing. This is a very helpful feature.
Ingredients of Note in Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo
- Invigorating: Peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and tea tree oil.
- Moisturizing: Aloe vera leaf juice, glycerine, and safflower oil.
- Strength & Softness: Chamomile flower extract, lavender leaf extract, rosemary leaf extract, sage leaf extract, thyme leaf extract, and nettle extract.
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo Overall Rating
I give Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo 5/5. There’s really nothing to complain about here and I hope they don’t change the formula anytime soon.
If you want to keep the tingling and cooling sensation going after shampooing, be sure to follow up with Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner.
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo Ingredients
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo ingredients include aqua (purified water), sodium cocoamphoacetate, lauryl glucoside, sodium cocoyl glutamate, sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate, decyl glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycerin, panthenol, potassium sorbate, citric acid, polysorbate 20, phenoxyethanol, menthol, *mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, *aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, *carthamus tinctorius (safflower) oil, *achillea millefolium extract, *chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, *equisetum arvense extract, *eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) oil, *lavandula angustifolia (lavender) leaf extract, *melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, *rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, *salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, *thymus vulgaris (thyme) extract, *tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) flower extract, *urtica dioica (nettle) extract.
Buy Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo
You can find Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo at the following online retailers:-
FAQs About Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo
Is Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo Clarifying?
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo can be used as a clarifying shampoo. On the back of the product, Giovanni indicates that it works as a clarifying shampoo.
The shampoo clarifies without stripping hair and scalp of natural oils. To be on the safe side, you can apply a pre-poo to your hair before using the shampoo to clarify.
Is Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo Sulfate Free?
All Giovanni shampoos are sulfate-free, SLES free, and paraben-free. Their products are made from mostly organic ingredients.
Is Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo Curly Girl Approved?
Yes. Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo is curly girl approved. You can safely use it on your curly hair without any adverse effects.
Is Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo Safe For Color Treated Hair?
Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo is safe for use on color-treated hair and helps the color last longer.
I use it after I color my hair with henna and indigo and it helps maintain the color.
Is Giovanni Shampoo Organic?
Giovanni shampoo is derived from USDA-certified organic ingredients, which are indicated on the product label.
Are Giovanni Products Good for Curly Hair?
I highly recommend Giovanni products for curly hair. They are some of my favorite products and feature prominently on my best natural hair products list every year.
Got any more questions about Giovanni products or Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo? Drop them in the comments section.
PS. I’m getting ready to do a length check for the first time in years and try out my new Vibrastrait PRO Vibrating Flat Iron.