I’m doing a round-up of my favorite natural hair products from 2018.
I’ve already reviewed some of them on the website already while others are on my to-do list.
The list also includes products I tried the previous year and products I’ve heard and read some really good things about.
Before you tuck into the list, be sure to join the mailing list for free access to the comprehensive resource library, which includes:-
- 95 Foods for Healthy Hair Care & Growth
- Hair Diary and Planner
- 6 Uncommon Natural Oils to include in Your Regimen
- Discounts on the Healthy Hair Care Series
My Top Natural Hair Products in 2018
For more information on each product and in-depth reviews, just click the link to be taken to the relevant pages on retailer websites:-
Favorite Natural Hair Products – Shampoos
I don’t use shampoo very often. Usually after wearing a protective style for an extended period or I’ve been co-washing for a few weeks in a row.
Even then, I always dilute the shampoos. I also use shampoos when I need to clarify my hair after applying a product that didn’t work out well and I need to start again.
In 2019, I’m hoping to try out shampoo bars for the first time and already have a few lined up. Stay tuned for reviews.
- DevaCurl No-Poo Decadence Cleanser
- Davines Love Curl Enhancing Shampoo
- Desert Essence Liquid Castile Soap
- EDEN BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo
- Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo
- Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo
- Giovanni Smooth as Silk Moisture Shampoo
- Jane Carter Solution Hydrating Shampoo
- Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo
- Living Proof Full Shampoo
- Renpure Organics Argan Oil Shampoo
- tgin Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo with Peppermint and Eucalyptus
Favorite Natural Hair Products – Conditioners and Deep Conditioners
A good conditioner and deep conditioner is such an important step in natural hair care. It helps keep hair soft, supple, moisturized, and healthy.
A curly girl can never have too many favorite deep conditioners if you know what I mean. lol. Share your favorites in the comments section.
- Alikay Naturals Avocado Cream Moisture Repairing Hair Mask
- ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
- As I Am Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask
- Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
- Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask
- Giovanni Invigorating Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Conditioner
- Giovanni Smooth as Silk Moisture Conditioner
- Giovanni Smooth as Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion
- Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner
- Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
- Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
- Kinky Curly Stellar Strands Hydrating Deep Treatment
- Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
- tgin Honey Miracle Hair Mask
- Tresemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
- Tresemmé Perfectly (un) Done Weightless Moisturizing Conditioner
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner with Peppermint and Eucalyptus
Favorite Natural Hair Products – Leave-in Conditioners
A great leave-in finishes off a style and seals in all the goodness from the start of your regimen.
I always have at least 3 – 4 leave-in conditioners in my rotation at any given time.
When I’m in a protective style such as braids, I also dilute my liquid leave-ins, mix with a few other ingredients and use it as a braids spray.
You can read more on that at DIY Braid Spray to Stop Itchy Box Braids.
- Alaffia Beautiful Curls Leave-In Conditioner
- Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-In
- Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In
- Camille Rose Naturals Moisture Milk
- Giovanni Direct Leave-In Treatment Conditioner
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
- Living Proof Leave-in Conditioner
- Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner
- Jane Carter Solution Leave-In Conditioner
- Redken Extreme Anti Snap
- Davines OI All in One Leave-In Milk
- Infusium 23 Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Hair Treatment
- Oyin Handmade Juices & Berries
- tgin Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer
Favorite Natural Hair Stylers
The right styler can make or break your braid outs, twists out, roller sets, or other kinds of styles.
The best ones help to set the style properly and also make it last for more than a few days.
I don’t style very often but I’m planning to do more of that in 2019 so I expect this list will be much longer by the end of the year.
- Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme
- Giovanni L.A. Natural Styling Gel
- Kinky-Curly Original Curling Custard
- Herbal Choice Mari Organic Hair Gel
- Homemade Hair Gel
- Jessi Curl Rockin’ Ringlets Styling Potion
- Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel
- Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
- Taliah Waajid Curls Waves & Naturals Curly Curl Cream
Favorite Natural Hair Styling Tools
Styling tools aid and abet in the quest to look fabulous at all times. The faster they work, the easier they make the life of any curly-haired lady.
I might tag more on this list from time to time before the end of the year.
- 2 in 1 Tabletop Hair Steamer
- Hair Therapy Wrap
- Scalp massage brush
- Tangle Wrangler
- Bone Comb
- Bonnet Hood Hair Dryer Attachment Hair Flair Deluxe Softhood
- Bobby pins (Ideal for the girl whose bobby pins keep vanishing without warning)
- Goody Ouchless Bands
Other Favorite Natural Hair Products
All the tools and products that promote healthy hair care and growth. Healthy hair care and maintenance go way beyond the right shampoo and conditioners.
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
- Spray bottles
- Disposable caps
- Microfiber towel
- Silk or Satin Pillowcase
- Henna and Indigo
- Amla powder
- Cassia powder
Did you see any of your favorites on the list? Do you have other suggestions? Share in the comments section. 🙂
Abi is a curly hair expert, researcher, product tester, and author of the highly-rated Healthy Hair Care Series. She is also the founder of Ade Ori Hair Care, Healthy Natural Hair Products, and Natural Oils for Hair & Beauty. HNHP has strict editorial standards and ensures all the information on Healthy Natural Hair Products is the best for natural hair care. Learn more about our Editorial Policies
This post may contain affiliate links which means we will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.