Following from the earlier article about the RevAir Hair Dryer, this the second article about the best blow dryers for curly hair.
While constant heat can damage hair, blow dryers are sometimes necessary to achieve a certain style or to stretch out the hair before installing extensions.
With the right tools and techniques though, you should be able to use a blow dryer without damaging your hair.
This article will discuss the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer, benefits, pros and cons as well as how it compares to RevAir Hair Dryer and which is best.
- 95 Foods for Healthy Hair Care & Growth
- Hair Diary and Planner
- 6 Uncommon Natural Oils to include in Your Regimen
- Discounts on the Healthy Hair Care Series
Dyson is a manufacturing company with their hands in a lot of products for household and business.
The supersonic hair dryer is part of the hair care range. Some of the excellent features this hair dryer boasts of includes:-
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is compact with a sleek and elegant design.
- Ultrafast drying time with a motor that spins up to 110,000 rpm.
- Intelligent heat control, which measures air temperature 20 times a second. This feature protects the hair from extreme heat damage.
- Engineered for comfort, durability, and balance when handled. Many a hair dryer has flown from my hand while working with the brush at the same time. This is a great feature.
- The attachments, a smoothing nozzle, styling concentrator, and diffuser are all magnetic for a secure hold.
- The concentrator nozzle is wider and thinner enabling precision drying and styling.
- It’s acoustically tuned so that means no more headache-inducing noise while blow drying.
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer has 4 heat settings – fast drying and styling, regular drying, gentle drying, and constant cold.
- It also has 3-speed settings – fast drying, regular drying, and gentle drying.
- The dryer is available in 4 super cool colors (the blue one is calling to me).
- The power cord is quite long (9-feet) so if you live in a place where the power outlets are eons away, it’s perfect.
Below is a video unveiling the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer:-
Absorbing all of the above information makes the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer sound absolutely perfect for natural hair but is it?
How Does Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Work?
This results in a smooth, even flow of air, which promotes faster drying and reduces the chances of heat damage.
Dyson Hair Dryer on Curly Hair
I went digging through YouTube for some great videos of ladies with different natural hair types trying out Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer and these stood out:-
This video also shows a comparison with results using a regular degular blow dryer.
Dyson Hair Dryer Reviews
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer has received rave reviews online with people referring to it as a “miracle product” and “life-changing”.
You can read a lot of Dyson Hair Dryer reviews HERE.
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer vs RevAir Hair Dryer
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is much smaller and handier than the RevAir Hair Dryer so you can travel with it. A complimentary travel bag is included with purchase.
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer comes in a range of funky colours.
- The RevAir Hair Dryer has a reverse function, which helps cuticles lay flatter. This feature is much more attractive for people with curlier and kinkier hair.
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer can be shipped internationally via Amazon Global whereas RevAir Hair Dryer currently only ships within the US.
- You will still need to use a brush with the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer whereas you don’t have to with the RevAir Hair Dryer. Alternatively, you can use the popular tension method for natural hair instead.
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer works on 110V only while RevAir Hair Dryer works on 110V and 220V. You will need a converter with Dyson hair dryer depending on where you live.
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is cheaper than RevAir Hair Dryer although it’s still expensive.
Is the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Worth It?
The price is scary but based on the benefits it provides and the longevity of the product itself, I would say it’s worth it.
It’s not like you buy a hair dryer every few months like hair products. I’ve had my hair dryers for almost 6 years and it’s still going strong.
If you can afford the Dyson Supersonic hair Dryer at the current time, then go for it.
If you regularly use heat on your hair then you definitely need one of these hair dryers to protect your hair from heat damage long term.
Where to Buy Dyson Hair Dryer
The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer box includes the following components:-
- Hair dryer
- Concentrator nozzle
- Smoothing nozzle
- Non-slip heat mat
- Spare filter cage
- Filter cleaning brush
- Storage hanger
That’s definitely a lot more components than the standard hairdryer. Get yours HERE if you’re ready to buy.
Do you have the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer? How has your experience been with it? Share in the comments section.
The next article will go in-depth into the best hair dryers for natural hair and share more economical options – under $100.
Abi delved into the world of hair care after suffering from a bout of severe hair loss. She is the founder of Healthy Natural Hair Products & Natural Oils for Hair and Health, as well as the writer of the Healthy Hair Care Series. She is also the creator of the The Self-Empowerment Network Portal. Read more…