A detailed breakdown of over 100 best products for low porosity hair. Low porosity hair can be a challenge and when it doesn’t let moisture get into your hair effectively, it works against your hair growth goals.
What is Hair Porosity and How Can You Tell Your Porosity Level covered the different types of hair porosity and how to identify the porosity level of your hair.
I recommend checking that article out before going through this post.
You can also bookmark the link so you won’t lose this page and can come back to it anytime.
Signs of Low Porosity Hair
If you’re reading this article, you’re probably wondering what the best products for low porosity hair are.
I got you covered with a very comprehensive list below.
You may already be trying some or you’re looking for new recommendations you can mix and match into your regimen.
Low porosity hair has a hard time letting moisture in so you should do things that will really open up your cuticles.
Stir clear of protein-heavy products, focus on light natural oils, use lightweight products, don’t layer on too many products, use heat, and clarify your hair every few weeks.
For high porosity hair, head over to 97 Best Hair Care Products for High Porosity Hair.
103 Best Products for Low Porosity Hair
This list originally started as 57 best products for low porosity hair but has been expanding for some time and has now grown to over 100 best products for low porosity hair.
Be sure to bookmark this page so you can come back to check for updates and ask any questions you have about low porosity hair products.
Best Shampoos for Low Porosity Hair
- As I Am Curl Clarity Shampoo
- Alaffia African Black Soap Shampoo
- Alikay Naturals Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo
- Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils Oh So Clean! Moisturizing & Softening Shampoo
- Anita Grant Aloe Vera Conditioning Shampoo
- Carol’s Daughter Lisa’s Hair Elixir Shampoo
- Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
- Curls Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo
- Eden BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea All Natural Shampoo
- Essations Tea Tree Solutions Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo
- Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
- Kinky Curly Come Clean Moisturizing Shampoo
- Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Jamaican Black Castor & Murumuru Oils Pure Clarifying Shampoo with ACV
- Mielle Babassu Conditioning Shampoo
- Mixed Chicks Gentle Clarifying Shampoo
- Morrocanoil Clarifying Shampoo
- Naked by Essations Detox Clarifying Shampoo
- TGIN Moisture Rich Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Ouidad Water Works Clarifying Shampoo
- Klorane Shampoo with Chamomile
- Uncle Funky’s Daughter Rich and Funky Moisturizing Cleanser
Best Conditioners & Deep Conditioners for Low Porosity Hair
- Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner
- As I Am Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner
- Alikay Naturals Avocado Moisture Repairing Mask
- Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Daily Damage Repair Ultra Nourishing Hair Mask
- Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil Daily Hair Conditioner
- Curlsmith Double Cream Deep Quencher
- DevaCurl One Condition
- Essations Tea Tree Solutions Dry and Itchy Scalp Conditioner
- Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Hair Moisturizer Conditioner
- It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Deep Conditioner Plus Keratin
- Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
- Kreyol Essence Haitian Black Castor Oil Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
- Living Proof Restore Conditioner
- Maple Holistics Silk 18 Conditioner
- Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Conditioning Balm
- Mielle Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
- Mielle Mongongo Oil Hydrating Conditioner
- Ouidad Curl Immersion Triple Treat Deep Conditioner
- Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner
- Oyin Handmade What The Hemp Deep Moisture Mask
- Pattern Intensive Conditioner for Tight Textures
- Tigi Bed Head Moisture Maniac Conditioner
- TGIN Triple Moisture Replenishing Conditioner
- TGIN Honey Miracle Hair Mask
- Trader Joe’s Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner with Peppermint & Eucalyptus
- SheaMoisture Low Porosity Protein Free Conditioner
Best Leave-in Conditioners for Low Porosity Hair
- Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-In Conditioner
- As I Am Classic Leave-in Conditioner
- Aphogee Curlific Moisture Rich Leave-In
- Aunt Jackie’s Quench Moisture Intensive Leave-in Conditioner
- Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk
- Camille Rose Naturals Honey Hydrate Leave-in Hair Conditioner
- Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Daily Leave-In Conditioner
- Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner
- Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-in Hair Conditioner
- Curlsmith Weightless Air Dry Cream
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut and Shea Leave-in
- Giovanni Direct Leave-in Weightless Moisture Conditioner
- Jane Carter Solutions Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner
- Karen’s Body Beautiful Hair Blossom Moisture Mist
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
- Mielle Ultra Moisturizing White Peony Leave-In Conditioner
- Oyin Handmade Hair Dew Daily Quenching Hair Lotion
- Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Detangling & Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner
- Taliah Waajid Shea-Coco Condition Daily Leave-In Conditioner
- TGIN Green Tea Super Moist Leave-in Conditioner
- The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian Anti-Breakage & Repair Antidote Leave-In Lotion
- The Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Oil & Honey Daily Moisturizer & Sealing Cream
- The Mane Choice The Alpha Soft As Can Be 3-In-1 Revitalize & Refresh Conditioner
- Verb Leave-In Mist
Best Stylers for Low Porosity Hair
- As I Am Twist Defining Cream
- Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter Whipped Curl Crème
- Eden Bodyworks Curl Defining Creme
- MyHoneyChild Coconut Hair Milk
- Curls Heavy Whipped Cream
- Camile Rose Naturals Coconut Water Style Setter
- Ouidad Curl Shaper Take Shape Plumping + Defining Cream
- SheaMoisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
- TGIN Twist & Define Cream
Best Oils for Low Porosity Hair
- Arewa Hair Styling Oil
- Abyssinian Oil
- Argan Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Broccoli Seed Oil
- Camellia Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Kukui Nut Oil
- Marula Oil
- Moringa Oil
- Monoi Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Rosehip Seed Oil
- Rice Bran Oil
- Sacha Inchi Oil
- Soybean Oil
- Sunflower Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
Other Helpful Products for Low Porosity Hair
Where to Buy Products for Low Porosity Hair?
For international naturalistas, you can buy most of the products via the following channels:-
- Amazon Global Shipping – ships to over 100 countries
- iHerb.com – ships all over the world
- Beautifphic – ships to most countries in Africa
You can also check the Black-Owned Business Directory. Some of the companies offer international shipping.
What is Hair Porosity and How Can You Tell Your Porosity Level went into details about the best hair care regimen for low porosity hair.
There’s nothing bad about having low porosity hair.
With continued hair education, care, and patience, you will learn the best way to care for low porosity hair.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.