Caruso steam rollers are an excellent addition to any natural hair styling regimen because of their versatility and functionality.
Caruso steam rollers can be used on all hair types and can be used to create a wide variety of hair styles without damaging hair.
What Are Caruso Steam Rollers?
Caruso steam rollers are a curling system that works by using steam. The pack comes with a steam generator and rollers in different sizes.
The steam generator is used to heat up each roller, which is then inserted on a section of your hair much like you would traditional rollers.
What makes this more effective than traditional rollers is the steam. The hairsetter uses negative ions to produce up to three times the amount of steam of ordinary hair steamers.
This helps condition, soften and make hair shinier while also adding volume. A great trade off for such a convenient and easy treatment.
12 Benefits of Caruso Steam Rollers for Natural Hair
- With traditional rollers, you will need to add products and use heat from a dryer to get the style you want. You don’t need to do any of this with a Caruso steam roller set.
- The Caruso steam roller is an effective and safe way to style hair.
- There is no frizz when you use the Caruso steam roller system.
- Because the system uses moist heat to style your hair, it helps maintain moisture on hair as well.
- Since the rollers come in different sizes, you can apply it any length or hair or if you have different lengths of hair.
- It doesn’t take long to style hair with Caruso steam rollers, less than an hour.
- Caruso steam rollers work on all hair types from 1 – 4, irrespective of your hair texture.
- You can curl your hair naturally without the risk associated with a curling iron.
- It also comes in a travel size so if you’re on the go a lot, you can just pack and take it along with you.
- The style created with the Caruso steam rollers can last for up to a week as long as you pin curl the style every night.
- Even though most people recommend doing this on blow dried hair, you can achieve the same results on stretched natural hair.
- If you‘re transitioning Caruso steam rollers can help you protect the line of demarcation and preserve your relaxed hair while you’re growing out your natural hair.
How To Do A Simple Caruso Steam Roller Set On Natural Hair
I have curated the top 10 YouTube tutorials showing various methods for using the Caruso steam rollers on different lengths of hair as well as on blow dried and straightened natural hair.
Naptural85 is one of my favorite YouTubers and she turned out a cute style on the third attempt below:
LipsticknCurls achieves huge bouncy waves with the Caruso Steam Rollers in the video below and she shares products and technique used:
This tutorial from Closet Confections is for type 4 hair. She finished it up with a simple undo:
Lucid Living TV from Taren Guy has an interesting tutorial on this but I’m not too sure about running the flat iron through the hair before putting in the steam rollers:
Another big hair end result on a blow out from MIIX MII:
Saleemah Cartwright of Hydratherma Naturals does the Caruso steam roller set on straightened natural hair in this video:
Msaaronlerey shares her tutorial on type 3 hair:
Jamie A. shares her technique in this short and straight to the point video:
Fancyflairlady’s hair is flat ironed straight in this video tutorial and shows how she uses the Caruso Steam Rollers to put some bounce back into her hair:
Kendra Chantel’s video shows a cute hair style for a teenager:
If you don’t get it right the first time, don’t give up. Sometimes, you need a bit of practice to get a hang of it.
For best results, after taking out the rollers, apply a little bit of CHI Silk Infusion before fluffing out for super shine.
Where to Buy Caruso Steam Rollers?
Ready to give it a try? Each starter pack comes with a set of 30 rollers in 3 different sizes.
If you need more rollers or different sized rollers, you can order these individually as well.
If you give it a try, I’d love to hear your feedback and see your pictures. Share in the comments section please.
Abi delved into the world of hair care after suffering from a bout of severe hair loss. She is the founder of Healthy Natural Hair Products & Natural Oils for Hair and Health, as well as the writer of the Healthy Hair Care Series. She is also the creator of the The Self-Empowerment Network Portal. Read more…